Wyoming Community Development Authority
There are presently no open calls for applications.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR WEBSITE
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS, BUT WILL CONTINUE PROCESSING APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 11, 2020 AT 11:59pm.
The Wyoming Emergency Housing Assistance Program (WEHAP) served eligible Wyoming residents, who, because of the COVID-19 emergency or the response to that emergency, had suffered substantial financial hardship and lacked sufficient income or resources to pay housing costs.
- Program recipients were eligible to receive emergency rent or mortgage payment assistance up to $3,000, with subsequent month(s) of assistance contingent upon completion of a monthly Request for Continued Assistance form attesting to the need for on-going assistance, and subject to available funding.
- Rent or mortgage payment arrears due prior to April 1, 2020 were not eligible. Reimbursement of previously paid rents or mortgage payments were not eligible.
- Initial payments may have included more than one month’s assistance in those cases where the eligible household demonstrated arrearages for months prior to the application, and a continuing COVID-19 related financial hardship impacting their ability to pay (or pay in full) their rent or mortgage payment.
- Wyoming Emergency Housing Assistance Program (WEHAP) may have paid the difference between 10% of the household’s current gross monthly income and their eligible housing assistance costs (monthly rent, or mortgage payment plus monthly hazard insurance if applicable and not paid directly by mortgage servicer), up to $3,000 per month.
- Unpaid security deposits corresponding with lease agreements effective April 1, 2020 or later are eligible.
- Payments were made directly to landlord/property owners or mortgage servicers.